Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm324 Vco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ron,
Ever since I got LTspiceIV, when I click on an asc file, Windows says "Error, it is not a valid Win32 application". I must open LTspiceIV and let it open the file.
Also the unique symbols for asc files disappeared.
How do I fix it?

Ever see the "Damn Fast Buffer Amplifier" or the "Black Hole Diode"? Not really mistakes, just datasheet humor.

And of course, the memorable "Write Only Memory" or WOM from Signetics.

Google that one, it is hilarious.

Hi Ron,
Ever since I got LTspiceIV, when I click on an asc file, Windows says "Error, it is not a valid Win32 application". I must open LTspiceIV and let it open the file.
That's pretty strange. It sounds like your computer has forgotten the association for .asc files. Go into My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types and scroll down to ASC. If it exists, select it, click Change and pick Spice Simulator with Schematic Capture. If it doesn't exist, click New, type ASC, then click Change and pick Spice Simulator with Schematic Capture.
Also the unique symbols for asc files disappeared.
How do I fix it?
In my Windows Explorer, the symbol for .ASC files is a blue NPN. That will probably appear when you do the association, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Ron.
ASC files were associated with LTspiceIV. I changed the association to Spice Simulator with Schematic Capture and now the files have the NPN symbol and open properly when I click on them.

Thanks, Ron.
ASC files were associated with LTspiceIV. I changed the association to Spice Simulator with Schematic Capture and now the files have the NPN symbol and open properly when I click on them.
I'm amazed that it worked. I don't know WTF I'm doing when it comes to computers.:eek:

Ha! I REMEMBER the "write only memory"!
Forgot about that one, thanks.

Goes all the way to the + and - supplies. Most of them don't.

Hi Ron

What's the "rail to rail output"?
And of course, there is the "rail to rail input".

Which means that the opamp's common mode input range goes almost all the way from the negative supply to almost all the way to the positive supply.

Actually, some opamps are optimized to go all the way from a few hundred millivolts BELOW the negative supply, to a few hundred millivolts ABOVE the positive supply. But NOT BOTH conditions simultaneously on THE SAME device.

Read the datasheet. It is your best friend.

Last edited:
And of course, there is the "rail to rail input".

Which means that the opamp's common mode input range goes almost all the way from the negative supply to almost all the way to the positive supply.

Actually, some opamps are optimized to go all the way from a few hundred millivolts BELOW the negative supply, to a few hundred millivolts ABOVE the positive supply. But NOT BOTH conditions simultaneously on THE SAME device.

Read the datasheet. It is your best friend.
There are beyond-the-rails devices (inputs only, of course) available. The **broken link removed** is one such device. Here is how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back