Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2941 voltage regulator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomme

Hi all,

I am looking at the datasheet of the LM2941 LDO voltage regulator. Looking at the 5-pin TO-220 case type, and my question is that I don't understand what pin ON/OFF does? Is it used in voltage regulation applications? A copy of the datasheet can be found at:

https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/78343.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Since this device is intended for automotive applications, the on/off pin is used to disable the load when -for instance- the engine is off.

If you don't require that function, simply leave the pin connected to ground as noted in the datasheet.

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking of using this device (LM2941) to regulate the voltage supply of a JFET op-amp. So I suppose in this particular application the ON/OFF pin will simply be grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back