Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2907 shift lamp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI there. I'm new to this forum, came across it through a search from google.

Anyways.. I'm building this shift lamp, which design is based on the LM2907's reference design but goes to a LM741 comparator.

Problem here is, the reference design is for a 8 cylinder engine.

my car is a steady 'ol 4 cyl. Now, i'm not sure if that's really the point.

For example at 1000rpm i should be getting 1v output. however... there seems to have been a mixup and i get roughly a tenth of the original voltage, roughly about 0.10 - 0.11v.
same goes all the way up to 6000rpm.

Now, based on the reference diagram, i've come to the conclusion that i'd probably need to change a resistor or two to compensate for the differences in application. but... i can't figure out which one.

enclosed is the design i'm following. i'm at wits end now...

sorry i meant this attatchment... so any ideas on what simulation software the guy used as multisim does not have the LM2907

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back