Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little hep with the junebug

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I put a Junebug together I tested the volts it looked right but the green
and yellow leds both come on when I put the 18f2550 in it and it tells me with
the pickit2 software no pickit 2 found. i have checked the board five or six times and can't find any thing wrong. I pulled the chip and tried it in the clone
i made and it works fine. So the firmware is OK.

The basics are 20MHz crystal & caps (does the red LED flash when you hold down the button below the 18F2550 and plug it into the USB port?)
The 0.47uF cap, the 0.1uF caps, the 18pF caps are all necessarily for the PIC to run.
Of course check for 5V (Green LED)

It was the 22pf they wasn't no where near 22pf they where 68 **broken link removed**

It said 22pf by the number had a 220 on it. I made it out of my junk pile I had to change
the Vusb one to I'll buy new next time LOL.
I did buy the FETS cost me for the Bs250p they said stock but they came from the UK had to pay $30.00 for them. I ordered 10 and I think I came out with the 2n7000 I got 60 of them 4 cents each not bad.
Bill I have to hand it to you that's one nice kit took about 45 minutes to put it together.
about 3 hours to find out I had bad caps.
[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/fImkVqeNFX8&hl=en&fs=1[/embed]
Oh I bought the dip sw to. Great work Bill I like it.

I remember being slightly disappointed when my Junebug came already assembled, in hindsight it was a good thing it was. My soldering was rubbish and I am pretty sure that my skills at the time wouldn't have allowed me to do any proper fault diagnosis.

I would have given up at the first hurdle.

heh exactly why i i bought it made.
But would be fun putting one together now lol Since i have no space for a LASER printer to make my own PCBs i cant make my own. If i had space and a laser printer i would have cloned the clone :D

Last edited:
Just the PCB no parts.

Bill,
My concern would be that 'builders' may use sub standard or equivalent parts which could cause problems in operation.

Even the 'home kitted' JuneBugs would be referred to as JuneBugs, which IMHO could give the original product a poor reputation.
It would be difficult to tell if a poster/user with any problem was referring to the original or "clone".

I would release the PCB under a different name, not JuneBug.

Last edited:
Buy bill kit or one made it's the only way to go. It real good kit I just wanted to see if I could make one out of what I have laying around. Not easy to do I couldn't if I had not made two clones.

heh i dont think its that hard. As long as you do have the correct parts :D

The issue is while im sure i can make a clone on my own ... i love those blue PCBs and also i dont want to do all the work of wiring it or creating a PCB of my own.

Atom the only thing i bought was the fet's and the dip sw I priced the parts new and the kit is cheaper if you going to build one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back