Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little experience, could use some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4xt0r

Hello I really underestimated how difficult programming my pic in C with USART communication for the DS1820 would be.

I am getting good results compiling the olimex usart sample code but not so good writing any kind of my own code. I need to simply get the temp of the sensor on RB1 and send it via serial(w/ MAX232) and receive some sort of readable temp in hyperterminal.

I could really use some help whether it be sample code or some direction.

I am willing to switch to a different language providing the code is shorter and easier to understand. Its just really about function.

the pic I am using is a PIC16F867a on an olimex pic28 dev board and I am using a JDM programmer. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back