Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Liquid Level detector and indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langat

Hello there,
I would like to do a project on liquid level detection. It should be a able to detect instanteneous levels (e.g in a fuel tank) and indicate on a digital display. I would greatly appriciate suggestions on the same and probably the components I can use.

If your tank is fixed or stationary it would suggest that the level is relatively constant and undisturbed, at least in the short term. If this is not the case then you will need to deal with a lot of variation in the readings as the instantaneous level changes. It is certainly possible for a stationary tank to present a noisy signal as well - possibly from pumps or other things that momentarily disturb the surface.

Langat said:
Hello there,
I would like to do a project on liquid level detection. It should be a able to detect instanteneous levels (e.g in a fuel tank) and indicate on a digital display. I would greatly appriciate suggestions on the same and probably the components I can use.
How about a capacitive sensor? It can be built using a pipe and 2 long pieces of metal (Al). Those pieces make the 2 electrod's of the capacitor. Use a audio generator or so and a circuit for measuring the atenuation of the signal.
The pipe is simply put inside the tank verticaly. It has to comunicate easily with the tank (make some holes in the pipe) so the liquid level can be the same.
I've seen this type of sensor in some older chemical reactors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back