Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LiPo batteries (Lipo Battery 4400mAh 6S 22.2v 60C EXTREME PRO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer, once again measure the DC resistance of the motor you're using and report that back, stall current can be determined from that.
We think that the starting and stalled current of your motor might be too high for your controller. The controller will burn up.

Sceadwian and audioguru, yes, I will measure the stall current by placing certain amount of load and hopefully the load current will not be more than 9 A. I hope.

killer, you don't seem to be following the posts very well, testing the motor under load will not tell you what the stall current is. As I've stated twice now all you have to do is measure the DC resistance of the motor and tell us what that is.

killer, you don't seem to be following the posts very well, testing the motor under load will not tell you what the stall current is. As I've stated twice now all you have to do is measure the DC resistance of the motor and tell us what that is.

Apparently, I am using a drill motor which I dismantled from a drilling machine. How can I do the DC measuring?

Simply measure the resistance of the motor. Then use Ohm's Law (I=V/R) to calculate its stalled current. It will be stalled when it starts and when something stops its shaft from turning.

A multimeter supplies a voltage when it measures resistance. You must not supply another voltage when a multimeter measures resistance. The motor must not be connected to anything when you measure its resistance. Its resistance will be very low so you must subtract the resistance of the leads for the multimeter. The resistance of the leads are measured when the probes are shorted together.

Then use the measured resistance of the motor minus the resistance of the multimeter's leads as the R in the Ohm's Law calculation and use the voltage of your battery (22.2V) as the V in the Ohm's Law calculation. I is the resulting current: I=V/R.

A multimeter supplies a voltage when it measures resistance. You must not supply another voltage when a multimeter measures resistance. The motor must not be connected to anything when you measure its resistance. Its resistance will be very low so you must subtract the resistance of the leads for the multimeter. The resistance of the leads are measured when the probes are shorted together.

Then use the measured resistance of the motor minus the resistance of the multimeter's leads as the R in the Ohm's Law calculation and use the voltage of your battery (22.2V) as the V in the Ohm's Law calculation. I is the resulting current: I=V/R.

Sure, will do it tomorrow.

AG, if the stall current that I got from my motor is more than 10 A, does that means my current controller is not suitable for power up my motor?

Your motor controller has a peak current rating of 15A for a few seconds. Then don't stall the motor for longer than a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back