Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Link wires on PC Boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Hi all,
What is the best wire to use as links on PC Boards? At present I am using solid core bell wire 0.6mm thick. Is that acceptable?
Thanks.
Barry.

Barry said:
Hi all,
What is the best wire to use as links on PC Boards? At present I am using solid core bell wire 0.6mm thick. Is that acceptable?
Thanks.
Barry.

That's fine, it's what I've always used - but there's nothing very critical about it!.

Hello Nigel,
Thanks for the reply. I did not think it was critical but as a newbie it is better to make sure!
Barry.

Have you tried using wire wrap wire? It's 30ga. kynar insulated and readily available.. It solders easily, but is current limited.....

gerty said:
Have you tried using wire wrap wire? It's 30ga. kynar insulated and readily available.. It solders easily, but is current limited.....

It's not really what you want for links on PCB's - 0.6mm wire that he already uses is perfect.

Is there any special advantage to using solid or braided wires in a circuit where RF is not involved? As far a the signal goes, I mean.

DigiTan said:
Is there any special advantage to using solid or braided wires in a circuit where RF is not involved? As far a the signal goes, I mean.

I wouldn't have said so, braided wire is used mainly for it's flexible properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back