Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linear glass scaler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryam

hello,
I have a linear glass scaler ,and I want to build a Readout for it ,then I need to know how many pulses does it produce passing 1 cm,my linear glass scaler has the resolution of 5um and ofcourse it work base on linear glass encoders with A and B signals and generally I want to know the distance between two dark lines. (I can use 7084 decoder for it in X4 mode)

If the unit has information printed on it listing the manufacturer and model number, that's where I would start. I would contact the mfg regarding specifications for this unit, because most mfg's of these things make them in a wide variety of resolutions (lines per cm/inch), which is likely coded into the part number. Also, they will be able to tell you info regarding proper electrical connections. These days, the mfg probably has info on it available on the web, unless it's a really old device (which they will still be likely to give you by phone).
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back