Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

light activated relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra999777

hey i want help in light activated relay.plz see the link,in that ckt diagram was given. **broken link removed**
Here in my ckt i am not using relay instead want to make white led to be ON when it is dark.It worked but my problem is the output of the transistor is very low(i.e 2.5v) so the led is not brighter. I need at least 4.5v at the output. what kind of ckt will be needed to provide 4.5v at the output in order to make white led to be brighter.plz help me.

hey i want help in light activated relay.plz see the link,in that ckt diagram was given. **broken link removed**
Here in my ckt i am not using relay instead want to make white led to be ON when it is dark.It worked but my problem is the output of the transistor is very low(i.e 2.5v) so the led is not brighter. I need at least 4.5v at the output. what kind of ckt will be needed to provide 4.5v at the output in order to make white led to be brighter.plz help me.

hi,
So you have connected an LED in place of the relay coil.

What is the forward voltage drop of the LED and what is the value of the series resistor you have connected to the LED.?

series resistor is 120 ohm and the forward voltage drop is approximately 2v. it cannot be turned on with a single 1.5v battery.

series resistor is 120 ohm and the forward voltage drop is approximately 2v. it cannot be turned on with a single 1.5v battery.

The circuit diagram shows a 6V supply.

Attachments

• esp05 Jun. 17.gif
    esp05 Jun. 17.gif
    4 KB · Views: 1,197
Last edited:
I think he means he estimated the turn-on voltage @ 2V because it didn't turn on at 1.5V ( 6V - 4.5V measured at the collector )

Measure and post the values of R1, R2, and R3. Measure R3 in darkness; just cover it with something opaque. Post the values for us and we can better analyze your circuit.

No LEDs will work off a 1.5V battery without a boost converter.

Well I lied some infrared LEDs might light dimly but you can't see them anyway.

Hello Sir
I'm Sia need help to find the applications for Light activated relay switch
can you please mention them

thank you

it is used to automatically turn on the lights when it detects dark, this may be a street light or anything that suits your application.

it is used to automatically turn on the lights when it detects dark, this may be a street light or anything that suits your application.

Thank you for the help i really appreciate it...

But can you tell me the applications for the reverse i.e when Light activated relay switch

this is the circuit diagram:

**broken link removed**

Here light bulbs are used as load for simplicity

Thank you

You see the relay has three connections, COM, NO, and NC?

Normally for a night light they used the COM and NO contacts.

You should use COM and NC for a light activated switch.

hello All,

I am using the same circuit has posted in the blog. but i am unable to energize the relay.please help me out. When connected with LED instead of Relay the light is switching on and off properly.

hello All,

I am using the same circuit has posted in the blog. but i am unable to energize the relay.please help me out. When connected with LED instead of Relay the light is switching on and off properly.
Maybe your relay coil needs more voltage or more current than the transistor can supply. How much does it need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back