Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lets talk about music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hentai

I'm listening for the 100th time Jarre's Aero and im thinking i need something new. So i open this thread so u can drop the titles of ur favorite songs so others like me can check them out:D . My other recommendations are Mike Oldfield (my fav album is Tres Lunas), Orbital, John Williams ( the soundtrack from Memoirs of a Geisha is fantastic), Ennio Morricone (Yo-Yo Ma plays his work at divine levels) and more to come.
Also i want to ask for ur opinion about a song i wrote :D. I couldn't attach a zip so here is a link. If u have time give it a listen and tell me what u think:) I called it **broken link removed**.

My favorite song is "I'm gonna love her for both of us", my Meat Loaf of course...

I can't find the music video, though. I think youtube de-tubed it... :(

I love music. I'll listen to almost anything but rap. Country, Pop/top40, Rock, Oldies, Alternetive. At the moment The Killer's "Read My Mind" is a favorite. Check out the video, its pretty random.;)

hentai,
I have listened to your written track and liked it. I can hear a Morricone influence there. Also I feel that you may have heard music by 'Future sound of London'. If not, then check out 'Life forms' I think it's worthy of a listen.
Similar stuff that I like would include ( we're talking albums here );

By Album title
The Orb 'Adventures beyond the ultraworld'
'U.F.Orb'

Massive Attack 'No Protection' <--- Look on 'Youtube.com' for "Karmacoma", very good video.

Spooks 'S.I.O.S.I.S.'

Leftfield 'Leftism'

Dreadzone 'Biological Radio'. I bought the C.D. for track 3. 'Third Wave'
Have a listen, it's my sort of thing, maybe not yours, however I think it's worth throwing about 8 minutes of your time at.

@ Andy1845c; I'd have to disagree with you on the 'Rap' thing there. I like some of it. I do like Eminem. In fact, I saw him in London a while back ( hated the experience ) though I do like his music. I suppose that what I was unimpressed with, was the fact that most of the audience comprised of 15 year old children whom believed every word he said. ( also, I don't like crowds )

Last edited:
Andy1845c said:
I'll listen to almost anything but rap.

Aaah. Now THAT is music to my ears! :D Rap sucks...

I've listened to The Killer's "Read My Mind" very nice song i enjoyed it.
House0Fwax special thx for ur thoughts and i'm glad u liked it. Yes i listen to Future sound of London i like their sound alot... my fav album is probably Dead Cities or Cascade.... cant decide:). Karmacoma is one of my favs from Massive Attack although Mezzanine is their best album in my opinion. I'll search for the other ones.Thx
I dont have anything against rap/hip-hop some i like but very few i must admit and very rarely i listen to rap.
Now listening to Crystal Method - Bound too long.

Good topic, I thought about a similar thread re music, what do you like, but forgot about it, so good you started it anyway hentai, thanks !
I like Mike Oldfield too

Crisis, Moonlight Shadow
THE THE
Simple Minds
Kraftwerk
Jean Michael Jarre (synthesizer)
U2
Chemical Brothers
AIR
Moby
Patrick Hernandez, Born to be alive
Disco music from the late 70's and 80's.

Just to name a few which come to mind.

Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells is a very good album... although the flip side is kind of Neanderthal sounding! Pretty much anything by Supertramp is good listening. And then there's the ever classic Pink Floyd.

I have only heard a few songs by Supertramp, and i like them (don't remember the names).

I also like;

Styx
Sweet
Night Ranger
Nickelback
Autograph
Cheap Trick
Twisted Sister
AC/DC
Quiet Riot
Queen [very little...]

And some other ones, but they don't come to mind at the moment... ;)

:) Do u realise that there is still no1 who says blues is the best of music? :D As Orbital sings in You Lot " yea there's always one"..... we should see him any minute now. :D

my fav download at the moment is "A Valid Path" by Alan Parsons Project. Great album, and the Mamagamma 04 remix really bangs!!

Blues, like rap, is too much "same old, same old" for me, and jazz is guys searching for they know not what.

Personally, for a variety of emotions in one genre, I'll take Americana (bluegrass, early country) any time. You never know what comes next: happy, sad, funny, stupid, love, hate, gospel, all in one classification.
www.wdvx.com

I think, fairly obviously, peoples musical tastes tend to be determined in their formative years - for me bands like:

Uriah Heep
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
Yes
Genesis
ELP
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin

Nigel Goodwin said:
peoples musical tastes tend to be determined in their formative years
Well depends on what ages u were thinking of... but i'm not sure i agree with u...

Nigel, as people get older their tastes do 'stabilize' so to speak, but only because as the brain ages it gets set in it's ways, and perception gradually shifts to a completely different scale of time. Younger brains are more dynamic and flexible which can lead to the perception by those older that younger people are too 'flighty' or 'crazy'

Andy1845c said:
Ever listen to any Steve Earle?

Hi, Andy. Sorry to be late getting back.

Steve is a pretty good journeyman musician who has been knocking around the edges of the business for many years.

He lived down the road in Nashville for many years, and his parents and other family members still live there. The three or four years jail time on drug charges probably killed his chances for stardom.

He's been nominated for several Grammy awards, but never won. If he had gotten his head straight, he might have become better, but I understand he has fallen into the talk radio quagmire now.

I listen to just about everything, minus rap/hip-hop/anything related.

Plus, I make my own (usually not the greatest), but here's two out of probably 30 to 40...

Hi, nice songs u got there, very good beats. Personally i like the beat from Two thousand two more but from Bliss i like the melody. But i think u could do a better job at mastering and mixing... mb add some reverb here and there some echo, things like that to add a little more warmth. What are u using to create the music?
Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back