Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

~ Leech-LED ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyknight

How much voltage is dropped in a usual LED? Does the color matter? Being or not in SMD package matters?

Thanx in advance!

The voltage drop depend from colour. Red 1,3...1.9V,green 2...2,2, yellow 2,2...2,8,blue about 3,6, white about 4,2. Available SMD 0805,1206,PLCC

i dont know why you say that for a white you need 4.2V i have a white led wich works on 2 1.5V batteries perfect!

Sorry if I expressed myself wrong :? I didn't want to ask about the avaliable packages of LEDs.I wanted to ask if a SMD LED will drop more voltage (or less). In another words: How much drop do you think will force a blue SMD LED? Thank you! :roll:

I can writing about this blue PLCC LED in my hand: 3.7V if the current is 15mA. I'm sure,the voltage depend only from wawelength (colour) and maybe manufacturer (type) but not from packaging.
Bogdan, my white LED 4.2V if the current is 50mA. I've not forgotten the PSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back