Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs to blink with music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicn00b08

Hey,
I'm trying to make something that i can run off of my amplifier to make LEDs blink with my subwoofers. Does anyone know how I could make this happen? I saw some modules online that use a microphone but from what ive experienced those are unreliable. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have a fairly complicated Sound Level Indicator project that has a microphone. Its LEDs display 10 levels of loudness from a pin dropping on the floor in the next room, to loud music.

Here is a fairly simple kit. You can connect up to 3 or 4 LEDs in series at each output if you want. It also works with the LM3915 IC.

Attachments

• Velleman VU meter kit.PNG
    Velleman VU meter kit.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,286
It depends on what you men by bass and how powerful the amp it.

This circuit will roll off by 6dB/octave at frequencies higher than 330Hz and assumes the peak power from your amp is about 70W in to 8:eek:hm: or 144W in to 4:eek:hm: per channel.

Attachments

• Audio flasher.png
    Audio flasher.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 511
i have build one 10 years ago with simple op amp configured in comparator and was taking the audio signal from the rca output (tape out) of amplifier so sound level has no effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back