Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs 2nd Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayH

Hi all
Many thanks for all the response and help to my 1st post , I have more information on what my friend is trying to do , the aim to to fit 100 leds in a totally enclosed box in series to 220v ac, could someone tell me if the circuits in the previous post would carry that amout of leds or would he have to change the resistor or capacitor.
Thanks once again.
Rayh

Please refer back to your 1st topic :
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/preventive-maintenance.15250/

As i had said, the capicator had alreadly limit the current to 20ma which is normal current to drive led. To calculate how many led you can link up, you need to know your led forward voltage. For norminal white led which is 3.2v, for a an amount of 100, it will be a total foward voltage of 320. Using 220AC x 1.414 give you around 311VDC which is not high enough for 100 leds. You may consider using lower forward voltage led, or reduce the amount of leds in your series.

As for components, you do not really need to change any value even if you are driving 1 led or 80 leds in a series as all left over voltage will be taken care by the suppressor capicator.

You seem to be starting a second thread on the same issue. Please handle this in the initial thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back