Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED volt meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont knwo a lot about electronics so can someone put up a quick sketch of what i need and how to set it to show 9 volts at full bars and 7 volts at zero bars. I would need to make this be kinda small and it would be spliced off of the positve/negative wires going to my board from the 9 volt. Also im trying to make it so it doesnt consume much power

Leds consume power with their brightness and with the amount of time they are lit. You could reduce their power by making them dimmer, flash them momentarily or "on-demand" turned-on with a push-button. :lol:

Are you wanting to power it from the battery you are measuring (self-powered)? If so, to save power you should run the display in dot mode instead of bar mode (which you suggested).

Yeah, Ron. 8)
In bar mode it would kill a new battery quickly but a dead battery much slower.

It is difficult to see the position of a dot in the dark. I dimmly lit each 2nd LED to show the whole range that the dot fits into. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back