Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED to VGA/LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKryz

OK folks Im really new to electronics but have a pretty good understanding of the fundamentals. What I am looking to find or build would be a way to convert a 7x40 LED matrix display output into to a 5" lcd screen. I know its sounds goofy but it would really help me out. Many thanks.

The technique of displaying data on LED is quite different from LCD. Todays LCDs comes with inbuilt driver chip to which we just have to supply data and rest of the work is done by it. Where as in case of LEDs we have to use the refresh technique.
If your LCD structure is same as that of LED board having 7x40 Dots then its very easy to port from LED to LCD. Just make the same connections as that on LED board with 10k resistor (not actually required) in series with the 7 data bus lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back