Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led sequential turn signal flashers problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledmodder

I am designing a led taillight for a motorcycle with sequential left and right turn signal signals. I was using 2 4017 controllers and 2 555 timers. one timer and one 4017 for each turn signal. Everything worked fine until I tried to make both flash at the same time. The timing is not the same. I was wondering if I can use one 555 timer to trigger both 4017 controllers. I have tried connecting the 4017's pin 14's to the 555's pin 3 and it skips the first timing cycle.

Yeah, your timing signals need to be "phase locked" or just use a single timer and use its signal in different parts of your circuit. You need to post a schematic of what you have or it is pretty difficult to suggest what you can do.

Here is what I have so far.

Attachments

• Shawn bike final2hazz fix2.gif
    Shawn bike final2hazz fix2.gif
    127.2 KB · Views: 770
Sorry but what the..... is that. One timer, one counter, to run the high sides and switch the low sides for turning and braking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back