Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, maybe i will give smt another try , maybe someday when i have a proper pcb for it,, but not going to try to air solder on to my phone wire again!

im using a 1/3hp sump pump, i think it goes up to 6 psi, so far i tested the pump with the 1/2" line only and it shoots about 10-15ft high and about 20ft out on approx 70deg angle, I am hoping it wont blow apart under the pressure, in retrospect i think im going to need expand the nozzles output port to more than 1/8"

I think its going to work ok, one thing i wonder if/where i can get is a bead size lens to narrow the beam a little better

ok, maybe i will give smt another try , maybe someday when i have a proper pcb for it,, but not going to try to air solder on to my phone wire again!

im using a 1/3hp sump pump, i think it goes up to 6 psi, so far i tested the pump with the 1/2" line only and it shoots about 10-15ft high and about 20ft out on approx 70deg angle, I am hoping it wont blow apart under the pressure, in retrospect i think im going to need expand the nozzles output port to more than 1/8"

I think its going to work ok, one thing i wonder if/where i can get is a bead size lens to narrow the beam a little better

Yes, connecting wires to smt parts is very tricky. You need rock steady hands for it. It's easier if the wires are bonded together, like ribbon cable.
You could try eBay for small lenses. Ali-express and bang-good are good for these sorts of things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back