Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED project please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colossus

I am working on a project and i am unsure what hardware components i should use.

My goal is to connect two sets of 4 LEDs to a module and be able to control the LED flash rate via a software program. Connecting a USB cable to the module and plugging the other end into the PC seems like a good idea.

I need to be able to control the frequency of the LEDs in the range of 1-20hz. My software program will allow the user to control the frequency of all 8 lights simultaneously.

Something like this but using 2 sets of 4 lights instead.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
What is the USB dongle?
Does the one pictured let you control flash rate?
Does the one pictured power the LEDs from the 5V out of the USB connector?

What is the USB dongle?
The picture i provided is a texas instruments data link cable copied and pasted to a PCB with LEDs on it (Not a functional device).
Although, It is what i want the device to look like.

I need to find a USB module capable of controlling and powering 8 LEDs.

I was wondering if this would work?

Teensy USB Development Board

**broken link removed**

Does the one pictured let you control flash rate?

The flash rate will be controlled by a software program. When the usb is plugged into the PC a driver will be installed. The user will then be able to control the frequencies of the lights and run various patterns.

Does the one pictured power the LEDs from the 5V out of the USB connector?
I am hoping the 5v USB connector will be enough to power the 8 LEDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back