Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Mini Signboard PIC 16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great programmer can reduce hardware cost.
A great programmer can write compact efficient code.
A great programmer has enough memory & space.
What he cannot do!!:D

Yes i agree with that. But Gayan even in ur big bang display ur still running some text. When u want to show some images like public signs. U need pretty big display. ( at least like 16 X 72 ) A greater number of displays will require larger program memory capacities, while greater changes in the display will require larger data memory.

So with that load i think its better to go with some display drivers.

Increasing the rows & doing a multi colour display get bit more complex.I like to try that holtek chips in that case.I'm still waiting for its actual size over the price :) And the messy wiring now I'm suffering is another pain.

Last edited:
Hi Gayan,

What do you think about this design for Cathode row 5x7 displays? Perhaps a Clock/Calendar/Alarm/Timer/Sign project? And since the 74HC595 column drivers can 'sink' or 'source' you could use the same design for Anode row displays just by swapping out the N-FET 'sinking' row drivers with P-FET 'sourcing' drivers (and a minor software change).

Regards, Mike
k8lh-7x55-%C2%B5sign-concept-png.34823

good idea bro....i'm need to source code & schematic.....

Nice job
How do you code for the 74HC595' I have been working on it, can get em to shift but can't get them to move on roll at a time. When I shift a roll it shifts it to the next 595 and then to then next one when i'm done there are three rolls moving one of each 595.
any help would be appreciated.
gogo

Gayan...

It's Working..... But Theres Some Prob...... When i power the Circuit, IF Display "A" All LEDs On and Off other LEDs as a "A"

|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|

How to Fix It Yar.....

Thanks
Chathura

Last edited:
Status