Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED matrix problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I have a common anode 5x7 LED matrix and now I couldn't get all of these LED to light up at the same time (I 'lamp test' it). I had laid down the intricate details of multiplexing it, but with this wiring problem, I couldn't even get it to lit up a row properly.

The components wired are PIC16F628A and a decoder 74HCT138N.

RA0 - RA7 is wired to the rows (the 7s) and the RB0-RB2 is linked to the decoder A0-A2 and to the columns (the 5s) Y0-Y4.

Unfortunately, I can't get these to lit, or it lit in the wrong section. Any ideas how am I going to do around this? For now I couldn't get it to sink currents or whatsoever! :confused:

Attachments

• 3AC8E9559E8B44929697C0603E694AA8.jpg
    3AC8E9559E8B44929697C0603E694AA8.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
It's a 3 to 8 demux, only one LED can light at a time. You have to refresh them > 50Hz to appear on all at once. It's also an active low demux...
Why are you running the cathodes back to a PIC I/O pin?

PS you don't have current limiting resistors AND you've shorted out all the LEDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back