Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED light circuit problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyamal

I am using a simple circuit to light my room. Here i use 20 LED. After few days later my LED is damaged simultaneously. For this reason i need to change it again and again.
Now what cai i do for this circuit?
In my circuit i use 3 Volt power supply.
I not use voltage regulator ic.

There are many, many ways to wire LED's. Do you have a schematic for how you connected them, and what kind of LED's they are?

What is the amperage rating of the power supply?

-Hans

I am using a simple circuit
Obviously too simple! You must control the current through the LEDs. That would normally require at least a series resistor per LED (or per LED chain). A 3V supply allows no 'headroom' for current control. A higher supply voltage is advisable.

We need to know more information.
LED current? 20mA, 100mA, 1A
LED voltage? 1.5V, 3V (never drive a 3V LED at 3V)

I don't see we can help. We do not know if he is using "3V leds". If he is lighting a room then he might be using 3watt LEDs. OR Maybe he is using 20mA LEDs. Picking a resistor with out knowing voltage or current seems a wast of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back