Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Flashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

Is there a way to find MY old threads? I went down 10 pages don't see LED flashers???

My LED lights were working good but all of a sudden they ALL start acting crazy. Several LED flashers are very dim like low battery, some don't come on at all and some 1 light comes ON and stays ON no flashing. Batteries test good several are still 3.3v same as 2 new D batteries in series. Finally today it occurred to me is must be the neighbors new LED security lights. He put up 4 lights each are 12,000 lumens. His whole yard is light up and our yard is not totally dark anymore. The 2 boys about 4 houses away from us are out of prison they have been outside howling like wolves every night at 3 am keeping neighbors awake. Last night boys were screaming like women at 3 am wife got out of bed to see what is going on and could not go back to sleep.

Today I did some light tests in the dark shop and decided my circuits all need stray light guards. I put black tape around a soda straw then put it over the LDR. It works perfect. All I need to do is make sure LDR look the sky and not the neighbors lights. There had been a problem with cars driving by after dark LED lights get dim for a few seconds not a big deal. Now I have all 20 LDRs looking at the sky. I put black tape over the yellow LED so it does not cause stray light problems.

I have four 12000 Lumin lights too but they stay off until motion detector turns them on.

100_9498.JPG

100_9497.JPG

Or just click on your profile and go from there, desktop layout can be a little different than a phone. Also what circuit is that? Is it an astable multivibrator type? Just curious.

Or just click on your profile and go from there, desktop layout can be a little different than a phone. Also what circuit is that? Is it an astable multivibrator type? Just curious.

This is the circuit drawing, it has been revised several times. It will run a whole year on 2 D batteries, cheapo Dollar store batteries price $1 for 2 batteries. Circuit will not run when voltage gets below 2.8v. LEDs are the limiting factory for higher voltage. 4.5v makes very bright LEDs. I learned the trick to bright LEDs on 3.3v is 100uf caps holds a larger charge than 50uf or 10uf caps. LEDs are easy to see after dark 400 ft away with 3.3v.

When battery voltage drops to 1.35v each battery put 3 used batteries in series = 4.05v the circuit will run about 7 to 9 more months.

100_9500.JPG

Last edited:
Apparently, Gary was able to find his previous posts. I'm sure I missed a "thanks for the help" somewhere.

Actually I have not clicked that yet until now. I see a list they all seem to be my posts. I will check those later I need to go. Thanks for the help.

This is the circuit drawing, it has been revised several times. It will run a whole year on 2 D batteries, cheapo Dollar store batteries price $1 for 2 batteries. Circuit will not run when voltage gets below 2.8v. LEDs are the limiting factory for higher voltage. 4.5v makes very bright LEDs. I learned the trick to bright LEDs on 3.3v is 100uf caps holds a larger charge than 50uf or 10uf caps. LEDs are easy to see after dark 400 ft away with 3.3v.

When battery voltage drops to 1.35v each battery put 3 used batteries in series = 4.05v the circuit will run about 7 to 9 more months.

View attachment 130393
Thanks for the circuit. looks like an a stable oscillator triggered by the photoresistor‘s 2n3904 transistor. Robust and simple. You said you had a problem with it? In your first post you said they all started acting crazy, so you have more than two LEDs on your circuit?

Apparently, Gary was able to find his previous posts. I'm sure I missed a "thanks for the help" somewhere.
On czech forum elektrika.cz your post will be removed if you say something like thanks, or Hi...
they replied to me that on technical web "sauce" is not accepted.
lol

"Thanks, that worked" or "that did the trick" or "oh, I didn't see that"....some kind of acknowledgement would be nice. But yes, I see their point. Keep strictly to the subject with clear, succinct posts, as Gary's threads always are!

FYI: This works to find threads you've contributed to containing "led flasher":
Internet search using "gary350 led flasher site:electro-tech-online.com"

Thanks for the circuit. looks like an a stable oscillator triggered by the photoresistor‘s 2n3904 transistor. Robust and simple. You said you had a problem with it? In your first post you said they all started acting crazy, so you have more than two LEDs on your circuit?

This circuit has 2 LEDs. I only need 1 RED flashing LED the other LED has to be there to make the circuit work. This is a very low power circuit that is why I use it 2 batteries last a whole year. I tried several single LED flashers they use more power 2 batteries are dead in 3 to 4 months. I built 20 of these circuits they are all around our house to fool idiot thieves into believing we have a fancy security system. Thieves are stupid I guess they is why they are thieves. LOL The 2 boys that were breaking into every ones house over and over got out of prison a week ago. They were in prison about 2 years the 2nd time. When they were released the 1st time they were breaking into houses again in 2 weeks. You can't fix stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back