Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherx

I`m building one of it, as title as i`m trying from and i`m using quite a different parts from it. I`m using 10 Mhz Crystal Oscillator (2 pin) instead of 10 Mhz Ceramic Resonator (3 pin). The question is, in the drawing its says that i should put into point 15 and 16 at the IC sockect (Resonator) and the other one loop it into ground. So how should i do it with Crystal Oscillator since it only have 2 pin. Thanks in advanced

The schematic of the project shows that the ceramic resonator has a built-in capacitor from each oscillator pin of the PIC to the 3rd pin on the resonator. Then these two capacitors connect to ground when the 3rd pin connects to ground.
Any PIC circuit that uses a crystal oscillator also shows two added capacitors the same because most crystals do not have the capacitors built-in.
Did you look at the crystal oscillator circuit in the datasheet for the PIC?

Yes i did. Well at first, i didnt realize that crystal oscillator didn`t have a capacitor build in, since i thought those two would be the same. I found several acticles saying that those two components do almost the same thing, but crystals is cheaper, and so i tried. Two capacitors, and it works. Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back