Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Fade in/out

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnut

hey everyone,

i signed up to the forums ages ago, and i know realised that it was a good idea, back then i started an electronics course, but i cant get any help with "personal" projects, only the ones im meant to be doing for class. anyways, one of the things we did was experimenting with timing circuits (very simple stuff, or for me at least) either way, i was looking for away to make an LED fade to bright then fade out again.

the reason: i want to hook up the circuit to the 2 little wires of my HDD LED on my comp. then use the signal sent by that to hope fully power my ciruit (or use a battery, i dont mind having to change it !!) the idea being that when the computer sends a signal that the hard drives are active, the circuit will make them slowly get brighter, and seeing as they normally flash, that when teh signal stopped they would start to fade, the end result being a smooth transition, instead od something that just flashed at you.

i have drawn up a VERY CRUDE schematic of what i was thinking, but i am dead sure that it is wrong, either way, could you guys possibly show me circuit that would do this, or at least give me an idea on how to fix mine.

**broken link removed**

i am also unsure about values, i realise that i would need to change the LED, and i wanted to use blue ones, the only reason that i said "perhaps 22uf" on the circuit was because that way what we used in class, that said, we onlu use on LED in class.

thanx
-walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back