Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

anyone cand suggest a led driver chip? one that requires few external components? it should be able to drive 1-2 white leds from a suply voltage like 2-5V....any ideas? so i could power from something like 2 rechargable batteries....

I'm using the Linear Technology's LT1937 for a project I am doing right now; for my purposes it drives two series white LEDs but it could drive more. There are various configurations, but the minimum configuration would just have the chip, an inductor, a couple caps, and the schottky diode... I think. You can also configure it with output clamping and soft start. Oh yeah, you need a current sensing resistor, too, since it is current controlled.

It seems to work fine, and is in an SOT-23-5 package.

j.

well, do you know any common driver, because here components are quite hard to find, so i need something common.
maybe some other suggestions?

well, you could build your own using a handful of transistors, caps, resistors, diodes and an inductor. It wouldn't be as small but it would work. either way, you're going to need a switching power supply. the only other alternative is a charge pump, but those are severely power limited, and probably wouldn't generate enough voltage to drive two white leds anyway,

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back