Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led design

Status
Not open for further replies.

co1615

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum? I'm a noob at electronics but want to make a solar powered flashing led pumpkin for a contest at work. I want it to be the logo of one of our companies with the lights flashing from the inside towards the outside. Here is a link to the logo, Sunward - Solar Hot Water Made Simple

It has 38 leds in each half plus 1 in the A.

Would you please give me a list of parts and instructions to make this?

Thank you,

Trent

If I design it for you then will I get the prize?
:D

Reminds me of the dipstick wimpy boss I used to have whose head would always nod frantically in meetings when other managers demanded that we do all the scut work their people didn't want to be bothered with.

I used to ask him:

"Well, if I have to do their jobs for them, will I also get their paychecks?"

:p

Last edited:
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum? I'm a noob at electronics but want to make a solar powered flashing led pumpkin for a contest at work. I want it to be the logo of one of our companies with the lights flashing from the inside towards the outside. Here is a link to the logo, Sunward - Solar Hot Water Made Simple

It has 38 leds in each half plus 1 in the A.

Would you please give me a list of parts and instructions to make this?

Thank you,

Trent
Here's a set of hints:

Use a 555C (low power CMOS version) timer for the flasher.

Get some super bright red LEDs so you can get a bright output at a low current level

where is the 1 in the A

a larger logo might help.
could make the leds flash in sequence to look like the two curves are moving?
this has to go into a pumpkin??
77 LEDs all together??
best idea I can come up with is the good ol knight rider circuit--lol
how many posts have we seen about them lights since knight rider started again on the television????
never did see the code for the 100 LED building that someone was building . had 10 PIC's (downright crazy)

A 555C is an ordinary inexpensive NE555C, MC555C or LM555C.
A C555 is the Cmos one (LMC555, TLC555, ICM7555.

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll go low tech this year. Checked some prices at Radio Shack and don't want to spend this much. I think I'll start getting pieces randomly throughout the year and maybe next year do this design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back