Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led controled with collector loosed transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques Duflos

Hi there,
I have to fix lamps for microscope. Te issue is that they do not shine all they should, so I opened it to have a look and I am a litttle puzzled.
The energy supply is 5V, the lamp is 3V, and there is a potensiometer to choose the intensity of illumination.

Here after the circuit and a photo of the thing. I had never seen a transistor used with a loose collector. It is a 13005 transistor. Does someone knows what it is for, and how could I modifiate the circuit so the lamp shines brighter ?
Captura de pantalla (5).png

WIN_20191204_09_38_27_Pro.jpg

Welcome to ETO!
Perhaps the base-emitter junction is just acting as a diode to protect the LED against the wrong polarity supply being used?
I don't see any easy way to make the LED brighter. Can you be sure that it isn't already at its safe maximum brightness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back