Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led board display

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasZET

From a long time I have been looking for help and I can not find ... Nobody is able to help me - I hope - JUST YOU WILL HELP ME. PLEASE

I`m a student and a few days ago I started mrogramming PIC microcontrollers.

I sit on lectures and I can not understand - completely nothing.

I HATE THEORY - I LIKE IF I CAN READ AND TRY, READ AND TRY ... READ AND TRY ... you know what i mean.

Then i can find mistakes and better understand it ...

I need to know: HOW TO MAKE A BOARD LED DISPLAY (let`s say: 15 x 15 LED`s or about that) STEP BY STEP and simply program with which i could lern and try ... if not i will be making a program alone but with your help.

Belive me, i went through all webpages found on google and all of them were pitiful. I need description, pictures, tracks ... THANKS

I HOPE MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO POOR AND YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

PLEASE HELP ME

Try starting by flashing a single LED.

If you hate theory and lectures maybe programming & hardware are not for you. It's going to take patience, study and time.

1. I like this, and i want to lern programming, i just mean that i like to connect theory with practice. For exaple: i read, o nice, so i would like to try it know in real :)

2. I`m not a beginner, i have my own a few projects, but now i want to lern programming and using microcontrollers !!!!

Now u made me laugh HA HA - good joke

This is similar to saying:
"I like boxing a lot and would like to fight in a ring, but I don't want to do any physical training or sparring. Just tell me how to K/O an opponent with an uppercut."

I think you are being a little rough on him B)

At least with your boxing analogy, you are still talking about actually getting out there and throwing punches. It isn't like you are sitting in a classroom all day analyzing body motion and calculating power and force for the boxer's punches LOL.

I think he just means he's a do-er, hands on type of person.

ke5frf: You may be right, but there was a reason I wrote what I wrote.

I have a friend who is also very passionate about assembling electronics gadgets. His day job is as an orthodontist, and a good one. He does not want to learn the working details behind the things he assembles, he is only very good with his hands and is thrilled to build something and watching it operate. Therefore he purchases kits.

To build a LED board to simply tinker with, there are plenty of LED drive kits, this is only one of them,
SparkFun Electronics - 7-Segment Controller Kit - Main

The original poster on the other hand, wants to "learn", and he implies he is some sort of a technical student. Therefore, in this case, one needs "patience, study and time" as blueroomelectronics mentioned.

I had originally planned to make a Football analogy, but I don't know if the original poster is familiar with Rugby, Soccer or other sport, so I decided to go for boxing.

Last edited:
No, I agree with you. To me the theory is what makes it interesting and I have embraced learning it for 15 years. However, I am not particularly fond of math beyond basic algebra and trigonometry, so I have developed a learning style that avoids "mathy details" so to speak LOL. In other words, I can empathize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back