Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning op amp compensators

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hi,
i will probably need to add compensator to my PSU for voltage control becouse of squezing.
Actually i dont know nothing about it. Can you recomend me some article that will cover everything? Like what is that, why its used, derivating equations... In populistic way.
thanks

i will probably need to add compensator to my PSU for voltage control becouse of squezing.
What is "squezing"?
What PSU do you have?

The easiest way to compensate a circuit is to simulate it with a program such as the free LTspice program from Analog Devices, and do an AC Bode plot to determine the gain and phase margin.

He means Squegging, I believe; the PWM is hunting at an audible frequency rather than staying at constant given for a given load.
=D Yeah you are right i screw it up. I am suffering skipping pulses instead of lowering duty cycle on voltage feedback which is resulting to hearable noise from 100Hz - 5khz
But current feedback works well.
Its DIY. At the moment i have both feedbacks connected to error op amps in tl494.

How bode plot is affected due output voltage? Its due output choke "voltage ramp"? What makes it fail? Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back