Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lead Acid Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

there is a problem that i had buy a new lead acid battery. according to the company i should add the electrolyte of specific gravity 1.25. because it was dry
charged battery. but i do a mistake that i add the electrolyte of specific gravity 1.20. at the result the battery does not perform well because the terminal voltage of battery reaches to 14 during charging but the specific gravity of the acid does not increases more than 1.20.
NOW what should i do.
should i change the electrolyte with specific gravity 1.25?

1 charge he battery fully, until it bubbles for 10 minutes.
2 pour out the acid into a plastic container
3 gradually add concentrated acid, stirring all the time, until the acid is sg 1.25
4 pour the acid back into the battery.

Thank you for the help

i am still facing a problem
i bought new acid of sg=1.25 and followed the steps
i kept the battery inverted one whole night.
next day i put the new acid into battery
the sg improved a bit but its still 1.23, i think it is because there was still some acid of low density in the FORM between the plates. how would i drain that out and dry the battery complely before pouring the new acid in?

Thanks a lot!

Perhaps you could use acid with a slightly higher specific gravity, like 1.3, then dilute it accordingly when you've filled the battery or just pour out some of the existing 1.23 acid and add more concentrated acid until you get the mixture right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back