Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDR resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

oginne08

How can i lower the resistance of an LDR?

Maybe something like in a light activated circuit?

I just need a circuit that's like this, Light falls on the LDR, then just shorts the circuit.

The resistance of the LDR that i bought was too high, it couldn't short the circuit.

You need electronics to make it do what you want, LDR's on their own are pretty useless.

Exactly what you need depends on exactly what it has to do, and you're giving no information on your requirements,

How can i lower the resistance of an LDR?

Maybe something like in a light activated circuit?

I just need a circuit that's like this, Light falls on the LDR, then just shorts the circuit.

The resistance of the LDR that i bought was too high, it couldn't short the circuit.

hi,:)

LDR's are not designed to drive another device/load directly, its required that a transistor or simple amplifier is used between the LDR and the 'load'.

hi,:)

LDR's are not designed to drive another device/load directly, its required that a transistor or simple amplifier is used between the LDR and the 'load'.

You need electronics to make it do what you want, LDR's on their own are pretty useless.

Exactly what you need depends on exactly what it has to do, and you're giving no information on your requirements,

"I just need a circuit that's like this, Light falls on the LDR, then just shorts the circuit."

A simple circuit, i need it to use for an external flash with my camera. The LDR will be mounted on my camera's built-in flash, then as the flash fires, it triggers the LDR to short the connecting leads on the external flash, so that the external flash fires too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back