Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDR 16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

ser_kant

I have Pbp. I use 16F877. I want to use analog ports A and E. get output from B channels. (for example channel 0). I know how to connect the channels and other circuit elements. All I want to learn is how can I get the 0 and 1 from analog channels. As far as I understand A/D conversion gives too much bits, I only want to take 0 and 1. For example when the LDR voltage is above 3 I want to light the led when it is below turn off the led. i think the program is so simple, please send me one, i need this for my term project

ser_kant said:
I have Pbp. I use 16F877. I want to use analog ports A and E. get output from B channels. (for example channel 0). I know how to connect the channels and other circuit elements. All I want to learn is how can I get the 0 and 1 from analog channels. As far as I understand A/D conversion gives too much bits, I only want to take 0 and 1. For example when the LDR voltage is above 3 I want to light the led when it is below turn off the led. i think the program is so simple, please send me one, i need this for my term project

You read the analogue value from the LDR into a register, you may as well only use the top 8 bits, rather than the full 10 bits (it will simplify things).

You then test the value, it could look something like this:

Code:
If Reading > Testvalue Then
  Do Over
Else
  Do Under

To do it in assembler you subtract the values, and test the status flags, if you check on the PICList there is a complete section about such comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back