Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD screen polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ21

I have a monochome green backlit lcd screen, and ive always wondered why they are tinted green.

I also have a non backlit screen and its not green, if i flip the polarizing film it will either go black or clear. But the backlit screen will go between blue and green...?

Is there some way to make a backlit screen with a black background instead of blue? Different type of polariser?

They are tinted green to be easy on the eyes. On a monochrome LCD there may be a green filter on the back side, or the light source may be green.
A LCD is a light valve. It passes light or blocks light. There is a light source on the back side. (any color will work) In the case of the non backlit; it reflects room light or blocks the reflection. There may be colored filters added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back