Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinW

Hi;
Anyone ever repair an LCD?
This was probably specifically designed for Construction Master.
I've read where these can sometimes be repaired by heat.
I'm guessing the lamination's separate over time.

LCD.JPG

Actually have heard the opposite. When a meter gets left in the sun the screen will turn black. Have heard if you put it in the refrigerator overnight, then remove from the cold and let warm up to room temperature over the next 8 hours. (This is to prevent condensation on the circuitry.) Then energize it. The screen will return to normal.

You do not state the failure.

Did refrigerator trick cause the black spot to recede? Just curious.

Check out the image in the first post.
There is a black spot appearing on the right side of the display and it's getting larger over time.

Had to look at it in my PC. Got it..

Never tried to repair that in several devices with a similar effect, two cameras amongst them. Giving enough time it seems to increase, never subside. In some, I suspect it started with a hit (golpe) right there. Bad English today, Agustin, worst than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back