Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD module help

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero349

Hey guys... does anyone have any info on the
SONY ACX705AKM Color LCD Module??
**broken link removed**

I can find the datasheet for it... but I don't know how I would program it... does anybody know of any links to programming this LCD? It has a CXD3507GG controller in it (google search for this comes up blank)

I've programmed 16x2 LCD screens before... but never a full colour tft display... I would appreciate any info on how they differ in programming and opperation... for example... can you display pictures? different sized text?, etc...

Depends on how you program it, you can use it to display text as small as you want it (The smallest a readable text can be made is 3Wx5H in pixels) or color, the only problem is getting the proper programming. What are you using it for ?

Because you may actually be able to find the code to program it on a web site for what you want to use it for.

Like the YAMPP mp3 players, they have the code for programming the Nokia 3310 (Think that's the one) LCD Display, but it will only do black and white, so if you got a color LCD you could modify the text to display color, but it will require rewriting the code.

Where am I going with all this ? Absolutely nowhere, I totally forgot what I was going to say... sorry, I got a bad memory, can't wait until they make nonvolitale RAM that can be installed in the human brain.

Heh, cybernetics would kick some serious ass.

Though it is pretty scary stuff, imagine if they made RAM chips that were compact enough to store an enyclopedia of info, just think , we wouldn't have school anymore, a child could just be taken to a little room, and download the entire school system of info in a few seconds, and opt to have a college diploma in their head too.

A 5 year old with the teachings of einstein... Scary stuff.

Okay, End Post

So are you saying that video cards output the correct signals to control the sony display?

Do you know were I would find routines to do that?

For example. if i wanted to display the letter "a" on the screen, how would I do it?

by the way... i actually haven't bought this thing yet because I want to make sure I can actually use it! :oops:

but I like the price!

Can anyone recommend a small colour LCD screen that is cheap and easy to find info on how to program it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back