Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD graphical displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL220

does anyone know of any 122*32 graphical lcd displays that run from a 3.3V power supply? possibly with a 3.3V backlight?

thanks

No, I don't think they are any.

3.3V is too low for LEDs and an inverter to power a CCT backlight would require a considerable current.

Can't you just use a switching regulator to provide a higher voltage, or use a higher voltage supply and a regulator to power the 3.3V part of the circuit?

I think they're out there, cell phones commonly have 3.3v systems.

How big an LCD did you need? What display type?

Sounds to vague to make a recommendation on yet.

I'm pretty sure all LCD's require more than 3V to work - and sometimes there's some really odd bias voltages required for the graphical ones. A small stepup switcher is ~1cm on a side and is relatively cheap.

Oznog said:
I think they're out there, cell phones commonly have 3.3v systems.
But don't they have a little smps to increase the voltage?

I remember getting one of these graphical displays once (without reading the data sheet too carefully) 128x32 matrix display

https://www.mouser.com/search/Produ...1N000virtualkey62800000virtualkey628-G1213B1N

Then when I'm about to mess with it, I finally realize that the part needs a -8V bias signal, which also doubles as the contrast adjust. That and it is a 5V part. Too much hassle.

OLED's seem like a better tradeoff - supply a single high voltage ~12V, and since all the parts are relatively new, all the logic levels are sitting at 3V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back