Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

hi, i ripped this outta vcr, it has about 30 pins and 90 led's inside, any idea what the pins are to get it going, or maybe one similar>?

im hoping that maybe these things follow similar patterns........

its from a old vcr, anything similar could help, so i know which pins to ID, it is prolly: vcc, gnd, and 10x10 matrix right?

oops.... i always forget that part!

Attachments

• Photo0055.jpg
    Photo0055.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Photo0056.jpg
    Photo0056.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 252
HV ie 40V? lol, whenever i hear that word i think of >240v

I got another one still on the board, may be easier to hack? the bus i removed i have identified it as for the tracking/sharp adj ports (bottom right).......maybe it has supply power or gnd,...

the other port on this board though its got 11 wires on the bus, leading to the chip ......the bus is;

black, br, re,or,green,grey,white, black,brown,red,orange....

so far iv ID'd the first black and the last orange to the IRrx, and one of them go to LED1, how bout the rest of bus?

aslo where does the 40v go in to display(@the back light? is there another pin usually) will the chip do this? should i prepare a 40v supply?

btw, its ok to speak generically(from any experiences) about this since we can't id the parts anyway, , ,

Attachments

• Photo0057.jpg
    Photo0057.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Photo0058.jpg
    Photo0058.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Photo0059.jpg
    Photo0059.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.