Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Display Digital Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDBond

I have been assigned to use MultiSim to create a detailed schematic for my project: LCD display digital clock. This is an online class which I am now regretting because I don't have the ability to sit with the instructor for assistance. I have to use Multisim but honestly I don't know where to begin. I have read through the previous forums from 2008- 2011 and just need some help.
Ultimately the schematic on MultiSim is to be used to stimulate the digital clock on a Microcontroller trainer board.
The clock display needs to have hours, minutes, and seconds- I have opted for a 12 hour clock but I guess I could offer 24 hour as an option.
Can anyone assist me with a schematic or even where to find what I need in MultiSim?

Once you have worked out how to display individual decimal numbers on a 6 digit display in pairs then the algorithm for a clock is easy.
while (1) {
seconds++
if (seconds==60) seconds=0;minutes++

if (minutes==60) minutes=0;seconds=0;hours++

if (hours==13) minutes=0;seconds=0;hours=0;

}
or something along those lines. You will need buttons somewhere to set at least the start hours & minutes

And you expect us to believe the other thread made with the same questoin is not yours? You are really not cut out for an engineer, go be a doctor, there stupidity is something good. If you kill 3 people, just say 'you can't save them all'.

^^This thread started, and ended, in 2013??

^^This thread started, and ended, in 2013??
It was re-animated by a spammer, who has since been banned.
Thread now closed.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back