Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

Hello Guys!!!
I am using a 2*16 lcd module. My college sir told me that instead of connecting Vcc to pin no.2(Vcc) of lcd & using a pot between Vcc & gnd connecting its var. pin to pin no. 3(Vee) of lcd, connect directly Vcc to Vee of lcd & leave pin no. 2 of lcd open. He says, by these connections lcd will work fine. Is it correct?

Hello Guys!!!
I am using a 2*16 lcd module. My college sir told me that instead of connecting Vcc to pin no.2(Vcc) of lcd & using a pot between Vcc & gnd connecting its var. pin to pin no. 3(Vee) of lcd, connect directly Vcc to Vee of lcd & leave pin no. 2 of lcd open. He says, by these connections lcd will work fine. Is it correct?

hi,:)
Some LCD's work with Vcontrast pin at 0V, but I would recommend a 10K pot from +5V to 0V with the wiper to Vcontrast.
This way you can set the optimum contrast for the LCD

Last edited:
yes it is correct
you can leave pin2 and connect Vcc to VEE
you can see it in the attached simulation file

Attachments

• lcd connection.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 156
Thank U Very Much Guys!!!:)
Ziedan which simulation software have u used? Is it available for free download?

yes it is correct
you can leave pin2 and connect Vcc to VEE
you can see it in the attached simulation file

hi,
You should not assume that a real LCD will function the same way as a simulated LCD.

Vee should be connected as per the datasheet.

This LCD help pdf will show the LCDconnections.

Attachments

• how2lcd1.pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 374
Hello Again!!!
I am using EAGLE for creating the layout. But, there are many overlaps in lcd connections when I connected lcd in standard fashion i.e. P0(0-7) to D(0-7) of lcd & P2(5,6,7) to RS,R/W,EN resp.. Instead if I connect P2(7-0) to D(0-7) & other 3 to P0 pins will it work fine?:rolleyes:
While writing program I will take care that P2.7 to P2.0 are D0 to D7 respectively.
Latter one simplifies the problem.

Please help.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back