Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm927

I am working on a filter to for a power inverter to filter an 18kHz PWM pulse and leave the remaining 60Hz signal. I used the formula the formula fc = 1/(2*pi*sqrt(LC)) to calculate the the C value by plugging in different fc and L values. The problem is that the load will be varying. How should I take the load into consideration?

Also, I have simulated the LC filter without a load to verify the formula. The simulation gives the 60 Hz signal but the voltage drops considerably (from 170 V to about 140V). I don't know whether to believe the formula or the simulation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on building an LC filter for this application which must be rated for at least 4 amps of current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back