Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latching circuit questin

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowgin

I have the latching circuit figured out as you can see from the diagram below. I have it setup so that when the bottom float switch goes down it starts to fill up the container, when it hits the top float switch it stops filling up the container. Part 1

Now, what I want to do is add another solenoid, relay and "delay to make" switch to this setup. This is how I would like it to work. Part 2

When the lower float start the process it sends power to "solenoid 1, the waste water solenoid" and it also send power to the "delay on Make" switch at the same time, the DOM switch has a 5 minute run time. So when the DOM hits 5 minutes it shuts of solenoid 1 and starts solenoid 2. Solenoid 2 will stay running until the water hits the top float and shuts it all down.

So to make this work I need to add the delay on make switch and another relay/power source, and the second solenoid. Could you tell me how to add these additional items to the mix? I would need to know how all the wiring would need to go.

Here is a list of the parts that are used to make the drawing work. part 1:
The solenoid – part # 787k2
McMaster-Carr.

Power source for solenoid - 500ma 12Vdc
McMaster-Carr

The relay – DPDT
12 Volt DPDT Relay

The power supply for the relay - 200ma 12Vdc
12V DC Wall Transformer

The high and low floats
231 Style Float Switch

And the new parts needed to make the extra parts work, part 2:

1 more relay - SPDT or DPDT/power souce ?

1 more solenoid/power souce just like above

The "Delay on Make" switch
Amperite - 12D.1-10MST1
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/07/st1PDF.pdf

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Latching.JPG
    Latching.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 156
This is for RO/DI water and the first 5 minutes of water that comes out of it is bad quality water. So I need to waste the first 5 minutes to drain before it starts filling up the container with the good water. This water will be used for a reef tank that needs pure water.
Thanks

I am going to use this part
The "Delay on Make" switch
Amperite - 12D.1-10MST1

That part is a delay on make switch, it as 2 ports on it a load and power in, and once it sees power it will wait 5 minutes before it energizes the other port on the device. The load port will be connected to the other solenoid that will fill the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back