Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser Gun Circuit: Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durach

Hi,

I found this circuit in the book 'Robotics, Mechatronics And Artificial Intelligence' by - Newton C. Braga

It seems like quite a simple circuit but i can't make head or tail of how it is supposed to act like a laser gun. Can anybody please explain to me its working?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Replies are really appreciated.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 601
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 354
And sorry for double-posting but, just to mention, the book doesn't give any explanation as to how the circuit functions. Any other model of laser gun with explanation is also welcome.

hi,

Its just a way of switching a 'laser pointer' ON/OFF using a transistor and a logic output,,, from somewhere?.

From my usage of laser pointers, the switching ON/OFF response is slow, so pulsed modulation is probably going to be limited.

Its a very inefficient way of switching a laserpointer.

Eric

Last edited:
I see. Thank you for clarifying, Nigel and ericgibbs. Can you guys tell me why the cascaded IN4002 configuration is being used in the collector?

Sorry for being a such a bugger. =^^=;

Last edited:
Durach said:
I see. Thank you for clarifying, Nigel and ericgibbs. Can you guys tell me why the cascaded IN4002 configuration is being used in the collector?

It's to drop the supply voltage to a suitable level for the laser pointer, the three diodes will give about 1.8V for the laser pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back