Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

large 5x7 dot matrix display grid help

Status
Not open for further replies.

4rvm

Hi, I would like to model a "billboard" for a display on a train layout. This display would be a grid of 60 ltp747r 5x7 common cathode matrices that would be driven from a pic 16f877. The display would be arranged as 12 5x7 chips across by 5 chips down. My initial question is a confirmation of what kind of power would be needed at a 20% duty cycle given a 13ma datasheet normal brightness level at 100% per led. I am trying to figure out what to drive the rows and columns with, especially the rows where I'm not finding too high a rating on what I think are needed pchannel mosfets (hexfets). Any initial advice on this project is much appreciated! Thanks.

Will this help?

In datasheet you can find leds data and and with little math you will find out.
Power transistor will do the job but it must be fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back