Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LAPTOP SCREEN PROBLEM Sony Vaio PCG-FXA53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try pressing firmly around the edges of the LCD whilst it is on and look for any change.
Also try twisting the screen from corner to corner (Gently or crack).
The LCD has contacts all the way across the top these are held with a metal frame and most are glued down with plastic and coper films, Ive found many screens to fault there.

Replacement screens can be ordered from Hong Kong via Ebay there cheep usually about $120au - $150au and i can vouch for these screens there flawless and warranty is upheld.

Good Luck :)

Oi! Who started this thread?

My Sony laptop (PCG07Q1L) must have read this, too :confused:
It decided to get the same screen! Bugger. Turned it on...white screen of death (makes a change from the blue variety :D)
Did JR_301 ever get a result? Yup, I know it's a bloody old thread, but it's an old laptop...

What do you expect? I don't get paid to write this, y' know!
Yars

The screen lights up & the laptop provides an image on an external monitor . Simple remove & replace the lead from the screen to the inverter , easiest & cheapesat solution .

No virus as external monitor driven OK , also obviously video card / chip OK for same reason

But before you do swap leads , just make sure they are seated correctly & wiggle the lead around where it bends near to the hinge , It might clear / work until you fold screnn shut & re open again , Fault found :)

Done loads for this fault , flip phones are terrible for the tapes / leads fraying

Yup, gothcha there. trouble is... external monitor won't work, either. I've given up the ghost, and thrown it at my local fixit man. Will post results, as he says it's the video chip/card. Actually sounds about right, but I've no idea if it's a plugin, or SMT. If the latter, he's got his work cut out, if the former, it's a £2 fix.
My main problem is that it was bought (I think) in Canada, and it's a weird model without any documentation on t'interweb
Ho hum. Bloody 'puters...:mad:

Hum , must learn to read postings more carefully , especially make sure i am awake before reading .

good luck with it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back