Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop operation using car battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

XL-power

How can I use the battery of the car to charge the Laptop ?
Please provide me with electric circuit used in that
thanks in advance

You didn't say what kind of laptop, or what kind of car, or where you are.

However, I think **broken link removed**will give you everything you need.

You didn't say what kind of laptop, or what kind of car, or where you are.

However, I think **broken link removed**will give you everything you need.

hi mneary
For me not necessary the kind of laptop or the type of the car
because I speak in general
I wanna know the electronic part

is it important to write the kind of the battary and the type of the car?? =(

I speak about the electronic part for general uses

Last edited:
is it important to write the kind of the battary and the type of the car?? =(

I speak about the electronic part for general uses

In general you connect the positive and negative of the source to the positive and negative of the load, but in your case we don't know what the source or load are.

If the laptop is old, and battery (in laptop) is also forever dead, and was rated 12V, you could always disassemble the laptop and connecting ground ang positive 12V from the car directly on the laptops battery contacts. After the battery is removed of course. But this is risky buisiness, so god luck :)

If you just want to charge the laptop battery using the car battery, then there are plenty of commercial alternators available for producing mains voltage for use in the car. Most of them simply have power sockets on them which you can plug anything into that would normally run on mains power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back