Laptop LCD - glass intact, just has some issues with lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsuperbleeder

Hi all. I've got this Toshiba laptop that I have left over from repairing another one exactly like it, and I've replaced the little bits and pieces from it now that I had to scavenge off it to fix the other laptop, but there's one last issue... it's got some obvious screen issues. I took it apart and replaced the flex cable connecting the motherboard to the LCD, HOPING that it would be that easy... but no dice... same issue. I know the motherboard with the integrated video is good, because I actually swapped the motherboards between the two computers when I had them. I can plug an external display up to the side VGA port, and it works fine. As a matter of fact, I hooked up my 22" monitor and reformatted and installed a fresh copy of XP on it, lol.

But basically, is this type of LCD symptom something that can be fixed with a steady hand, or and I going to have to fork up the $80 for a new LCD assembly... The glass is not cracked, it just has the lines, like a trace has came loose internally or something.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…