Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop LCD - glass intact, just has some issues with lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsuperbleeder

Hi all. I've got this Toshiba laptop that I have left over from repairing another one exactly like it, and I've replaced the little bits and pieces from it now that I had to scavenge off it to fix the other laptop, but there's one last issue... it's got some obvious screen issues. I took it apart and replaced the flex cable connecting the motherboard to the LCD, HOPING that it would be that easy... but no dice... same issue. I know the motherboard with the integrated video is good, because I actually swapped the motherboards between the two computers when I had them. I can plug an external display up to the side VGA port, and it works fine. As a matter of fact, I hooked up my 22" monitor and reformatted and installed a fresh copy of XP on it, lol.

But basically, is this type of LCD symptom something that can be fixed with a steady hand, or and I going to have to fork up the $80 for a new LCD assembly... The glass is not cracked, it just has the lines, like a trace has came loose internally or something.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back