Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop LCD Display for tv use

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinalco

hello, I have a broken laptop compaq 1925, the only thing that works is the lcd monitor do anyone knows how to make it work as a tv monitor or something like this??

Thank you

This topic is extensively covered in the diy video forums. In a nutshell, the answer is no. The controller for the LCD is usually built into the motherboard. You can buy aftermarket controllers that convert VGA/DVI to the LCD panel, but they are a few hunderd $US -- which for the most part is about the same cost as an LCD TV.

i tried some thing like that but with a CRT monitor. I learnt my lesson with the sharp jolt i got from touching the deflection yoke...

But, yeah i say you wont be able to do it unless you have access to heaps of LCD pinout data and all that...

Yepp, yoke is quite powerfull. :lol:
Next time, try high voltage (the cap going to the CRT).
It's even stronger (pretty nasty one...).
I did it once by accident and my whole arm was numb for
30min, tip of my finger was smoking and my knees were
like sponge. Arm recovered pretty soon but the finger tip
was toast for a month (it was burnt).

panic mode said:
Yepp, yoke is quite powerfull. :lol:
Next time, try high voltage (the cap going to the CRT).
It's even stronger (pretty nasty one...).
I did it once by accident and my whole arm was numb for
30min, tip of my finger was smoking and my knees were
like sponge. Arm recovered pretty soon but the finger tip
was toast for a month (it was burnt).

Luckily EHT is only low current - 1mA, so the shock won't kill you - but falling over and breaking your neck will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back