Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop charging circuit burned HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely a FET in a switching dc-dc converter - if so, there's probably more damage then just the FET.

Lookin at that damage, I think you are going to need a new motherboard. There may also be a problem with the battery / charging circuits, you may find a replacement on eBay .

How about a model number?

I guess the BD4932 isn't it because of the footprint. 6 pin, vs 8 pin.

Last edited:
What sometimes looks like a simple repair when a chip burns like that, just find one and put it in. It's not as simple as that. The tiny copper tracks that you CAN see may have burned, but these motherboard are multi-layer and the tracks in between on the submerged layers may also be damaged, and those you CAN'T see! You will never obtain service information because its never released and if it is, its only when its obsolete. The components are more often than not given manufacturer reference numbers to deter cloning. So I'm afraid you are wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back